Friday, March 7, 2008

Where Can You Find the Cheapest Gas?


Hat-tip to my co-worker, Angie, who led me to a really nifty web site at MSN that finds the cheapest gasoline in your neighborhood, wherever you live. You type in your zip code, and it lists the cheapest gas, the most expensive, everything in between, and where they are.

In practice, it isn't perfect. I staked out my best bet, a Lucky on Eastern Avenue, where gas was just (!) $3.09. Along the way, I saw gas for $3.19, $3.23, and (just down the street from my target) $3.29. Traffic was a nightmare, one car having freaked out and driven over the "enter here" sign at the In-N-Out Burger. Arriving at our destination, I found that the real price was $3.15. It was $3.12 across the street, but I'd had it with the traffic, and just paid the $3.15.

Still, $3.15 is a darn site better than $3.29. Check it out, maybe you'll have good luck with it.

Visit: Gas Prices - MSN Autos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...