Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bible Museum Planned for Washington, DC

This is what happens when you combine "religion"
with "museum." Image from Skeptical Raptor's Blog.
As an atheist, it's difficult to express exasperation without resorting to phrases like, "Oh, God!" or even the substitute phrases, like "Gee whiz!" It's so ingrained in our language, it just comes out. So, when I told The Other Half that they were building a Bible Museum in Washington, DC, I wasn't surprised to hear him exclaim, "Jesus Christ! Well won't that be exciting!"

I'm already very offended by the level of religiosity in our government, in our laws. I manage to shrug my shoulders at "In God We Trust" on the money--even though it is obviously un-Constitutional. I wasn't happy, even as a kid, when I had to say "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. I cringe when I hear a president (any president) go overboard on religion, though I roll with the "God bless the United States of America." 

So, in our nation's capital, a city that is itself practically a museum, with its many monuments and historic buildings, the Capitol, the White House. . .The Smithsonian, for God's goodness crying out loud! . . .do we really need a Bible Museum? How does that work anyway? The entire book is unprovable and unproven. There are no exhibits of actual biblical events, because there are no genuine biblical artifacts! I just hate a collection of religious superstitious folklore being put in the same category with actual museums.


[Excerpt]


Bible museum planned for Washington, D.C.

A large-scale Bible museum will open in Washington, D.C., within four years, say planners who have been touring the world with portions of their collection. . .

Read more at: Washington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...