Tuesday, July 31, 2012

CNN Plays Stupid Girls as Intro to Sarah Palin Story

Yeah, stick it, Sarah. Image from Zap2It
Yeah, you know, I'm really not seeing the problem here. After all, the story was about a picture Sarah and Todd Palin posted, proudly holding bags of Chick-fil-A, and giving the thumbs up. Now, I'm not going to get all pissy with every customer who continues to eat at the restaurant. I mean, I shop at Wal-Mart, even though I feel a little guilty for it. But the Palins are no ordinary people ("common" maybe), and their photo wasn't intended to be friendly or benign. It was a calculated thumb in the eye to gay people, no question about it. Truthfully, it wasn't far from what the Westboro Baptist Church Phelps family does, just a hair's breadth from carrying a sign that says "God Hates F*gs!"

So yeah, I think playing a recording of P!nk's Stupid Girls is appropriate, though maybe Meredith Brooks' Bitch would have been better.

[Excerpt]


CNN: Playing 'Stupid Girls' Ahead of Sarah Palin Story a 'Poor Choice'



CNN says it regrets playing the song "Stupid Girls" ahead of a segment about Sarah Palin that aired Sunday morning. . .



Read more at: The Hollywood Reporter



PS. I've changed my mind about the song choice. This fits my feelings toward the Palins (and Chick-fil-A) much more perfectly.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Lily Allen's song is a much better choice, and an appropriate response to pretty much anything the Reich Wing spews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Mark. And thank you for continuing to blog! You're still one of the blogs I check daily.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...