Monday, July 23, 2012

Muppets Abandon Chick-fil-A

Every time I type Chick-fil-A, I'm sure I've typed something wrong. I mean, if you're going to go nuts with hyphens, why not go for "Chik?" And what's with the capitalization? It's just stupid. I reminds me of that old song, Dazzy Duks which was trying to be cute by spelling "Daisy Dukes" incorrectly, and wound up looking like it rhymed with "snazzy sucks" instead. Which shows you how my brain works.

So, we'll add the stupid name to the reasons to boycott Chick-fil-A. That's in addition to not being open on Sundays (which is pious baloney), and the fact that they're publicly anti-gay. Good enough for me (plus we don't have any in Las Vegas or Nevada, so it's easy too!). But it's not just me. The dude named Cathy who owns the joint has gathered quite a number of boycotters, and only managed to pick up. . .what. . .Mike Huckabee? How does that compare to The Muppets?


[Excerpt]


Muppets Abandon Chick-fil-A Because Of Its Anti-Gay Policies

Gonzo doesn’t have to worry about Camilla and his other chickens anymore, because the Muppets are officially going to be eating less chicken. In a Facebook note posted Friday evening, The Jim Henson Company, which currently offers toys in Chick-fil-A kids’ meals, announced that will no longer partner with the fast food chain on any future endeavors because of its anti-gay policies. . .

Read more at: Think Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...