Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pushing for a Veto Override on SCHIP


Fabulous photo from source, FireDogLake.com

I think Bush's veto of the SCHIP program expansion was ridiculous. Pleading "fiscal responsibility" is laughable out of the Bush Administration. But I have to be honest. The main reason I'm excerpting this story is so I could post that picture! Sue me, I'm in a weird mood.

[Excerpt]


Blue America PAC, along with several other blogs/groups, is stepping into the breach to try to push the SCHIP votes over the top for a veto override. Why? Because America’s children deserve actual care, and not a bunch of pandering, hollow words of faux compassion and little, to no, real action from George Bush other than a big, fat “no help for you.”

The Bush veto of the bipartisan compromise SCHIP bill was as cynical a political maneuver as they come — pandering to the worst elements of his wingnutty-conservative base while throwing common sense and decency out with the bathwater. . .

Read the whole story at: FireDogLake.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...