Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Gas Prices Predicted to Soar in 2008


Photo from source, Reuters

I'm a bad liberal. I drive an SUV. The original SUV, if that makes any difference, a 1998 Jeep Wrangler. From the time I was little, I wanted a red Jeep, and eight years ago, I got one. Do I take it off-road? Uh, no. But I love my little Jeep, and even at ten years old, I'm not ready to part with it.

It gets terrible gas mileage, true, but I only have an eight-mile drive to work. Even with that short commute, though, the price for a gallon of gas is what I'll be paying each day for a round-trip to work. I wonder what the resale on SUVs like mine will be if this trend continues, which it seems to be bound to do.

[Excerpt]

Drivers face $3.50 gasoline this spring

U.S. consumers will pay record prices for gasoline this spring, with national monthly pump costs peaking near $3.50 per gallon when the busy driving season begins, the government's top energy forecasting agency said Tuesday. . .

Read more at: Reuters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...