Monday, January 14, 2008

Shape of Things to Come: Curved Monitors!

Over the last 18 years or so, I've steadily moved up when it comes to computer monitors. Back in 1990, I had a 14" VGA CRT monitor. For years, they were all CRTs, moving on to a 15" SVGA or two, and then a 17" model. A couple of years ago, I stepped into the 2000s with a 17" flat panel, and then really thought I was hot stuff with a 19" flat panel just last year.

If you're a gadget guy, though, you know that that just isn't enough. So when CompUSA started their going out of business sale, I got a 22" widescreen flat panel, and I'm really digging it. When I got it, I told the other half that--unless it stops working--I'll have this model until the next big thing. And my prediction was that the next big thing would be ultra-widescreen curved monitors. That was my pie-in-the sky ideal, but guess what. . .it's almost here!

Check it out:


Source: the.LIFE Files

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...