Monday, January 14, 2008

Video Piracy: Is it Like Stealing a Car?

Here's the latest video clip from Commercials I Hate, which has a terrific (and funny) analysis of the issues involved in downloading copyrighted materials. The issue is a little less cut-and-dry from the "you wouldn't steal a car" argument. And it got me to thinking about just how much I myself have paid for various versions of the same movies; VHS, LaserDisc, DVD. . .

It's over $150 for The Rocky Horror Picture Show alone! And that doesn't count two LPs, two cassette tapes, the CD, and a box set DVD! Oh, and the sequel, Shock Treatment on LP, CD, VHS and DVD. I think if you put that all together, you get somewhere north of $400! Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...