Sunday, February 10, 2008

Classic Commercials #7: Before They Were Famous

Boy, it's been a long time since I've done one of these! Weekends, and Sundays in particular are difficult days for blogging. The news gets sparse or stale, and many of the usual sources just quit on Saturdays and Sundays. And since I had such a light posting day yesterday, I wanted to make sure to have some new content today. I've managed, but it wasn't easy.

Anyway, what was missing was something fun. My post about the death of the Polaroid Land Camera inspired me to post another classic commercials post. This time, I'm focusing on those old commercials, with famous people before they were famous. Take a look.

#1 - Heinz Ketchup - Here's Friends and Joey star, Matt LeBlanc looking very 80s cool.

#2 - Head & Shoulders - Farrah Fawcett and Penny Marshall sharing a bathroom.

#3 - Burger King - Unbelievably cute and precocious, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sarah Michelle Gellar slays McDonald's.

#4 - Fabrege Shampoo - Heather Locklear may have been on Dynasty by the time this commercial came out, but was far from a household name. The commercial, however, will forever be part of pop-culture history.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...