Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


Ah yes, Valentine's Day. It's that one day of the year when you're practically guaranteed to get lucky--if you're in a relationship. If you're not, Valentine's Day is either a non-event, or it's a day to drown your sorrows in a pint--oh who am I kidding--half gallon of ice cream.

I spent most of my first 31 years single, and I honestly didn't give much thought to Valentine's Day. And curiously, after 10 years with The Other Half, I still don't. I'm not one for the mushy stuff, and he's not one to plan ahead, so it sort of works out. We usually exchange cards, occasionally a sweet treat or two, maybe a gift (though that has been rare). But I honestly don't think we've ever gone out to dinner for it or done anything extravagant.

Even so, I'd like to take this opportunity, on what amounts to the nine-year anniversery of cohabitation to give a shout-out to my Valentine. I loves ya, honey, and I can't imagine life without you. I hope to share many more special days with you, and ordinary ones too. Big, wet smoochies. Oh, and you just might get lucky too. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...