Friday, February 1, 2008

Sonny & Cher Singing on David Letterman

Thank you to John Aravosis at AmericaBlog for unearthing this wonderful clip. Oddly, as often happens in my life, The Other Half and I were just discussing this event a few days ago with some friends. Sonny Bono, then a U.S. Congressman, and Cher, who was riding one of her umpteenth career rebirths, appeared on Late Night with David Letterman. After cajoling an ailing Cher, Letterman convinced the duo to sing I Got You Babe, for posterity's sake.

And a good thing he did too. Sonny Bono died in a skiing accident not all that long after, [Editor's note: Oops, it was 11 years--oh well] so there wouldn't be another opportunity. It was a touching moment, and stuck in my memory. The (former) couple's lyrical amnesia makes it even more charming. Take a look.




This is only one example of my habit of purloining ideas from AmericaBlog. There's a reason I feature it in my blogroll, and in an RSS feed. Check it out: AmericaBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...