Friday, February 1, 2008

Steven Weber: 2008, How Do We Play It?


Photo from StevenWeber.net

It's been a while since I featured a Steven Weber post. As I've noted before, I've been a fan since Wings and Jeffrey. I enjoyed his string of Stephen King TV movies, and his part on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (RIP). But it was his writing on The Huffington Post that made me sit up and take notice. Weber writes like I wish I could. Like me, he writes as though he's talking to you. But his turns of phrase, his gross-out metaphors, and his spot-on analysis are talents I can only wish for.

Here, he writes about the Presidential primary race as it gets whittled down to just four contenders. How do we play it from here? What are the stakes? Take it away, Steven. . .

Oh, and while there are no dirty words here, you might find one of those metaphors sorta, well, visual. You've been warned!

[Excerpt]

Tumbling Dice

So it comes down to a roll of the dice.

Clinton and Obama showed themselves to be everything the Republican candidates aspire to and insist they are but will never be, given their mad aversion to introspection and their inability to utter basic truths. Watching those guys on a dais is like looking at one of those metal ball-clacking desk toys, except that instead of steel spheres the candidates resemble a row of strangulated testicles smacking together moistly. It's that revolting. In fact, as I wrote that I felt queasy. And I like desk toys. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...