Saturday, February 2, 2008

Blogiversary: 8 Months, 1640+ Posts!


Wow, where did the month go? I'm still writing "2007" on things, and we're already over a month deep in the "new" year? Greenlee Gazette's "Blogiversary" is on the 2nd, so I'm usually writing these updates on the first day of the month (it rolls over to the 2nd, as I have the blog set on Eastern Time--long story). And while it doesn't seem like it could possibly be February already, it certainly does feel like a month of blogging has gone by.

I set a goal for myself back in December, that I'd post at least 7 items each day in January. Not just anything mind you, the posts had to interest me enough that they were worth sharing. I met that goal, and surpassed it, averaging over 8 per day. That may not sound so impressive, but with my schedule this month it was actually pretty amazing. And I had a lot of material to work with. I posted a total of 256 posts in January, a personal record. Though I had fewer visitors than I did in December, I came thiiiis close to making it my second best month.

As February begins, I'm starting to worry that story ideas may shrivel a bit. Friday's content, for instance, was a little light and fluffy. And with only four Presidential candidates left, there are fewer political jaw-dropping moments on the horizon. I'll keep plugging away, regardless.

You may notice a few typos and misspellings for a few days. Blogger is having some sort of trouble with the spell checker, apparently system-wide. And you know what they say, you can't proof your own stuff. Otherwise, things should remain relatively the same around here, though I still long for that golden idea. A feature that becomes sought out, appointment viewing. I'll keep working on that.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Keep coming back, and bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...