Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Computer Woes: New Envision Monitor Gone Kaput



I sit here at my computer, using my old Dell 19" flat-panel monitor (having reinstalled the old Dell 17" flat-panel on The Other Half's computer). This is no major catastrophe, merely an annoyance.

I excitedly told you all about my new monitor two months ago, having acquired it at CompUSA's going out of business sale. It's an Envision G22LWk, a 22" wide-screen model, and I dearly loved that screen real estate. But yesterday, I started to get a little distortion around the edges, and a little bit of bleed on the black characters on a white screen. I decided to see if the settings needed tweaking, and found that my computer was using a generic Plug and Play driver.

So, I headed to the Envision website, downloaded their driver files. . .and promptly ran out of time. The monitor simply powered off. I tried (twice) to unplug, replug, and restart the monitor, and was successful for about 10 seconds apiece. It's toast.

Since it's been only two months and a week, I'm assuming I'm good, and that Envision will offer no resistance to replacement or repair. It stinks that I'll be responsible for shipping, but we'll see how it goes. I'll be reporting my progress (for good or ill) here on the blog. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...