Friday, January 9, 2009

Spider-Man "In the Tank" for Obama?


Image from source, USA Today

I just used one of my most despised phrases right there in the headline, but would only do so jokingly. I'm a DC Comics fan myself, but would sneak a Marvel Comics Spider-Man in there once in a while. And why shouldn't Spidey have the new President in his comic? He's surely not the first president to appear alongside a superhero.

I'd still be willing to bet that the phrase I used as a joke is being used literally in right-wing world, and that they're slamming Marvel as I type this. I just betcha. Incidentally, the cover shot is a great likeness of Barack Obama, but the interior art? Not so much.

[Excerpt]

Obama, Spider-Man on the same comic-book page

In a growing world of Barack Obama collectibles, one item soon may be swinging above the rest.
On Jan. 14, Marvel Comics is releasing a special issue of Amazing Spider-Man #583 with Obama depicted on the cover. Inside are five pages of the two teaming up and even a fist-bump between Spidey and the new president. . .

Read more at: USA Today

UPDATE: I was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...