Monday, January 12, 2009

George W. Bush & Miss Teen South Carolina


Image from source, Kenneth in the (212)

I don't usually copy entire posts by other people, but I love how this was put together. Like on Saturday Night Live, when Tina Fey merely spoke Sarah Palin's own words to make a comedy bit, Kenneth in the (212) did something similar with George W. Bush. Here, Kenneth pulls some quotes directly from The Decider's "exit interview" final press conference.

Now that I read the words on the screen, I can see that he does speak something like the infamous Miss Teen South Carolina contestant. And it is also reminiscent of Sarah Palin, wouldn't you say? Thank goodness it's almost over.

[Excerpt]

President Bush or Miss Teen USA Contestant?

“I would hope that the team that is, has the honor of, serving the country will take a hard look at the realities of the world and the tools now in place to protect the United States from further attack. They will find that with a considerable amount of care and concern for civil liberties, for example, that I have put in place procedures that will enable the professionals to better learn the intentions of al-Qaida, for example.”

“During the darkest days of Iraq people came to me and said, you’re creating incredible political difficulties for us. And I said, oh, really, what do you suggest I do? Some suggested, retreat, pull out of Iraq,” he said. “I didn’t compromise that principle for the sake of trying to bail out my political party, for example.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...