Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Angels and Demons and Ambigrams


I read Angels & Demons, the prequel to The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown a couple of years ago. And while the plot is fuzzy in my mind, the plot device of ambigrams still fascinates me. Seeing all of the press for the new movie version (treated as a sequel instead of a prequel) reminded me, hey, I made my own ambigram!

It isn't nearly as fancy as the ones used in the novel (and presumably the movie), but I took up the challenge to write my name in a way that would read the same when flipped upside down. In fact, I turned it into an animated gif file that spins, but for some reason, it isn't working here. Oh well.

Still, I find the whole concept of ambigrams fascinating, and think it really might strike the public fancy if the new movie is a hit. Check out the link below for some that are quite inventive.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Have you happened to try out any of the automatic ambigram generators out there?

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...