Sunday, May 10, 2009

Save My Shows: Dollhouse and Sarah Connor


I have tried--really tried--to pare down my addiction to TV shows. But the early part of this year unleashed new episodes of Lost, 24, American Idol, Survivor, Fringe, Medium, Heroes, Dollhouse and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I've been hopelessly sucked in.

Several of those shows have finished their season (and possibly series) finales by now. A couple of them (Idol and Survivor) have only captured one eye, while I'm doing something else. But some of them command my undivided attention. And two of them are "on the bubble." I'm speaking of shows I've written about many times before, Terminator and Dollhouse. Both shows were relegated by FOX TV to the Friday night "death slot." And both are worthy of your attention, and of renewal, despite anemic ratings.

Dollhouse, a show about an organization that programs "actives" with new personalities to fit any situation, is from Joss Whedon of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles follows the adventures of Sarah, John and their protector Terminator Cameron, following the events of Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Both have had weak ratings, but both have improved in story and action over the season to the point where the awesomeness is just insane by the time of their finales.

I'm not sure there is any hope for either program, but I'm wishing anyway. Maybe I'm one of only a handful (OK, millions, but only a couple) of people who was sucked in to the mythologies of both shows, but I'm gonna cross my fingers anyway. And if you think "I can't jump in now, I don't know what happened before," don't worry. I fell into Buffy in season 5, and caught up quickly. And I'm so glad I did. Angel (the spin-off of Buffy) was another show I came to late, but am a convert to. Jump in! Please?

Season Finale of Dollhouse: Omega




Season Finale of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Born to Run


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...