Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Letterman Apologizes to Palin

So, what do you think, does this apology put it to rest? I don't really think that David Letterman was under any obligation to apologize for these relatively tame jokes. Especially when others have unearthed similar jokes by Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno along the same lines. Where was the outrage then? But I've got to wonder, now that Letterman has issued a definitive apology, will this be the end of it? We'll see.



UPDATE: These are David Letterman's words:

"I told a joke that was beyond flawed and my intent is completely meaningless compared to the perception. And since it was a joke I told, I feel that I need to do the right thing here and apologize for having told that joke. It's not your fault that it was misunderstood, it's my fault. So I would like to apologize, especially to the two daughters involved, Bristol and Willow, and also the governor and her family and everybody else who was outraged by the joke. I'm sorry about it, and I'll try to do better in the future."

And yet, even though they know this, the right-wingers are still in a lather, falsely accusing Letterman of making a joke about statutory (or just ordinary) rape. Ludicrous. You really have to read some of it to believe it:

FreeRepublic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...