Monday, August 3, 2009

Blogiversary: 26 Months! 5,300 Posts!


Wow, another month gone by. We're only in the heart of summer, but this is the time of year--when I was in school--that felt like the beginning of the end. As soon as August comes, the back-to-school ads start, and boom! Summer's over. But for us adults, summer is just a hot spot anyway, since we still have to work. Bummer, right? And here in Las Vegas, summer feels like it extends into the early days of October some times.

So why am I yammering on about the seasons and the weather on a "blogiversary" post? Dunno. Not sure what else to say, and I always write one of these monthly updates. I guess I could talk about the fact that I had a slight uptick in readership in the past month. It really had nowhere to go but up. I could talk about the fact that I got my "new" computer fixed today with only two minor panics. It's working great now. Otherwise, we've got politics which seems stupider every day.

I am no economist, having hated every second of business and economics classes. So I can't really loudly support the President's or Congress' efforts on fixing the economy. But I'm sure the answer isn't an endless repetition of "no," like the Republicans are offering. I'm also not an expert on health care, though I have enough personal and anecdotal evidence to know something needs to be done. And for the life of me, I can't figure out how or why the public could be duped by the insurance industry to just--again--say "no."

With all of the stupid that surrounds those issues--including the recently revealed fact that the "grass roots" protests of the President's policies are nothing of the kind--the stupid has morphed into uber-stupid with the "birthers," the "deathers" and countless spinoffs. I can only hope that all of this stupid collapses in on the weight of itself. But I kinda doubt it.

But all of this does give me something to write about, and it's kind of fun. Snark is my specialty, and these people are particularly easy to mock. So, I forge ahead, onward into the next month. I will continue to try to diversify, and find interesting things to write about and share. I'll try to post a few more Las Vegas items per week. And though I'm keeping my "reduced posting" schedule for the summer at least, I'm not going anywhere. As always, thanks for reading, and please bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...