Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blast from the Past: Blondie's Rapture

What with Saturday's big, anticipated Rapture and all, I just can't get this old Blondie song out of my head. I'm an atheistic agnostic myself, so I figure the chances that the Rapture is actually going to happen to be about 0.0000000001% at best. And the odds are even smaller that the post-rapture "tribulation" period is going to go as it does in the dreadful apocalyptic book series Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. The way I see it, if all of us naysayers actually witness an actual Rapture event--followed by all that wacky biblical prophecy--there will be no need for a Tribulation Force of newly converted believers, fighting armies of the Anti-Christ's followers. Sorry, but I think most of us are gonna be fundamentalist believers at that point. For now? I'm going to snicker and laugh a lot, and continue to think of Debbie Harry when I think of Rapture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...