Thursday, January 19, 2012

Comedian Todd Glass Comes Out of the Closet

Image from source, JDJournal
This news has been out a couple of days, I'm aware, but I just found it, so apologies if you've already heard.

Many times when a celebrity comes out of the closet, I'm rather unsurprised. Pleased, happy for them. . .but unsurprised. I'm not the only one with functional gaydar, I know. Anybody can spot some of them (George Michael, Ricky Martin). But, there are a few moderate surprises, like Neil Patrick Harris (though he didn't fool everyone) or Portia DeRossi. It's rare though--for me--to find out a famous person is gay, and have been taken by surprise.

Todd Glass is a very funny comedian, who's logged some time on Comedy Central, and participated in a season of Last Comic Standing. He's a big, burly guy. He looks like Huey Lewis crossed with John Goodman. Finding out he's gay is precisely as surprising as if either of them came out! Anyway, good for you, Todd. And if you read this, I hope my comparison doesn't rub you the wrong way! Anyway, I have to take my gaydar into the shop, 'cause it's obviously broken.


[Excerpt]


Todd Glass Comes Out on Podcast 

Todd Glass, a stand-up comic, publicly announced that he is gay when he appeared on Monday’s episode of ‘WTF with Marc Maron.’ Glass told Maron that his decision to come out publicly stems from the rising number of suicides by gay youths in America. . .

Read more at: JDJournal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...