Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Michele Bachmann Drops Out (While Marcus Softly Weeps)

Mrs. Bachmann and Mrs. Bachmann. Image from Washington Post
Oh! Marcus Bachmann's dreams of decorating the Oval Office, and having mai tais in the Rose Garden have been dashed! Michele Bachmann has "stepped aside," which is code for quitting the race. She gave a doozy of a speech as she bowed out, but without the theater (and the squawking birds) of Sarah Palin's "I'm a-quittin'" speech. Since Bachmann seems to be Palin's mini-me, I'm surprised she didn't claim that quitting wasn't really quitting.

[Excerpt]


Michele Bachmann drops out of GOP race after Iowa caucuses

“Last night, the people of Iowa spoke with a very clear voice, and so, I have decided to stand aside,” Bachmann told a crowd of supporters in Des Moines, the morning after her dismal sixth-place showing in the state's primary caucuses. “I have no regrets. . .”

Read more at: Washington Post 

1 comment:

  1. I feel bad for Marcus... He had his gown picked out for the ball & everything.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...