Friday, May 8, 2009

Leonard Nimoy Talks About New Star Trek Movie


Image from RepairStemCell

I'm really hoping to see the new Star Trek this weekend. Unfortunately, an unexpected work obligation might derail that. Still, I'm very jazzed that the film is getting such positive buzz.

I've been a shameless Trekkie for many, many years. I loved the original series, and have fond memories of watching it in reruns as a child (the series premiered the year I was born). I particularly remember being allowed to watch late-night showings when I had the mumps or measles.

I saw every film (except the dreadful Star Trek V: The Final Frontier) in the theater, only really disliking the first one (but just a little). Out of ten films, only parts I, V and X are sub-par, with II, IV, VI and VIII being fantastic.

When Star Trek: The Next Generation premiered, I was not among the nay-sayers. Even in its first two years--which are considered the weakest--I watched every episode. Then came Deep Space Nine (easily the best written and acted of all Treks), Voyager (not as bad as you've heard), and Enterprise. The last is also unfairly maligned in my opinion. The acting was top-notch, and I never understood all of the fan whining.

Still, the new film is considered the turning point in a series run fallow. While I don't accept the premise, I'm hoping that it turns around public perception.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...