Friday, May 1, 2009

Rachel Maddow: 6 Years Since "Mission Accomplished"

I can't remember when the scales fell off my eyes, pertaining to the ineptitude (and other negative qualities) of George W. Bush and his administration. I didn't vote for him, and never thought much of him. But I wasn't actively opposed to him at first, and held my tongue after September 11. Lots of us did.

But by the time of the infamous "Mission Accomplished" speech/photo op, I was starting to get the creeps. Even at first, it was clear the event was stage managed, to say the least. And at that point, we didn't even know that the aircraft carrier was turned around to avoid showing the coast of California. And we didn't know that the administration would try to blame the banner on the troops. Some of us saw through Karl Rove's alternate reality making early. For others, it took a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...