Tuesday, May 1, 2012

President Obama Announces Change in Direction in Afghanistan

I'm still not really sure where I stand on this. My gut says, pull out now, what's this long-term thing about? But, I must confess, I've had a mighty resistance to "getting" Afghanistan, I don't know why. Even on those occasions where I tried to get myself to pay attention, I've ended up zoning out. I'm not proud of it, but neither would I then pretend I do get it. The part that sounds the best is winding down our combat presence there. Though I'm a little unclear on why our military is performing long-term non-combat tasks. That's not defense, really. . .is it?

[Excerpt]


Obama Hails Afghanistan 'New Day' On Anniversary Of Bin Laden's Death 




In a dramatic address to Americans broadcast from a military hangar outside Kabul, Afghanistan, President Barack Obama on Tuesday trumpeted the near-end of U.S. military operations in the country, 10 years after the U.S. invasion and one year to the day after he ordered the assassination of Osama bin Laden. . .

Read more at:Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...