Wednesday, November 14, 2007

GOP Sex Scandal: Guilty Verdict (Redux)



This news may be getting a little stale, but I was on vacation this weekend, and didn't have time to post anything. And since I reported on the story when it broke, I thought a little closure might be necessary. And yeah, the Stupid Monkey got there first, but this is my blog, dammit! And I just can't get my fill of the GOP/hypocrisy/gay sex/married guy/bathroom sex scandal stuff.

So, if you saw the original piece about Florida State Rep. Bob Allen (R-Naturally), missed the Monkey's piece, and didn't get to see what happened next, here is the end game.

[Excerpt]

Florida state Rep. Bob Allen guilty in bathroom-sex case

State Rep. Bob Allen's troubles may only get worse.Seconds after he was convicted Friday of soliciting a sex act in a park bathroom, legislative leaders were discussing how to remove him from office."This conviction makes it impossible for Rep. Allen to represent responsibly the citizens of his district," Florida House Speaker Marco Rubio said in a statement. "Furthermore, it is my personal belief that it harms the reputation of the Florida House of Representatives. We will now take the appropriate steps."

Read on at: PageOneQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...