Tuesday, November 13, 2007

For My Dad: Michael Savage is a FREAK


Photo from source, Media Matters

I got a little disturbing news from my sister, while on my trip back home. Now, I already knew that my step-dad and mother are Republicans. This is made abundantly clear any time even a whiff of politics drifts through the air. But, this goes beyond mere political disagreement.

Dad listens to--and likes--The Savage Nation with Michael Savage. I know that Savage (real name "Weiner," no joke) has the third-rated talk radio program, after Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. Which would make him literally third-rate, but I digress. . .

In my view, Limbaugh is an entertainer, who deliberately misleads his audience, guiding them to the conservative side of any issue, regardless of the facts. Hannity is (again in my view) seemingly a true believer of the prattle he's spewing. Michael Weiner Savage is--in any sane, intelligent person's view--a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot. Not to mention homophobic, xenophobic and insane. And Dad listens to him.

So Dad, in the unlikely event that you're reading my blog (or Mom, if you haven't scrolled on past), here's a bright and shiny example of why nobody should listen to Michael Savage.

[Excerpt]

Savage: "Loving, kind lesbian" is "the type that stuffed ovens in Hitler's concentration camps"

On the November 8 edition of Talk Radio Network's The Savage Nation, a caller told host Michael Savage that while waiting at a stoplight in Midtown Manhattan, "I'm listening to you with the window open. This mean-faced, clipped-hair, liberal type -- you know, the type you always talk about. . .She comes up to my window and she goes, 'You're listening to hate speech. Why are you listening to that?' " Savage replied to the caller's anecdote by saying, "Well, what does that tell you about the loving, kind lesbian who just assaulted you in your car?" He continued: "She's a -- the type that stuffed ovens in [Adolf] Hitler's concentration camps. Whenever I hear anyone preaching to me about how compassionate they are, I reach for my Glock. That's all I can tell you. They can all drop dead."

Read more, including a transcript and audio at: Media Matters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...