Sunday, January 4, 2009

The End of My Vacation


Photo from SEOBlackHat

I always look forward to time off from work, but rarely more so than when that week falls over the holidays, and I'm spending that time at home. But, even with the unusually long break, from Christmas Eve until today, the days zip by way too fast. The task I'd scheduled for myself didn't really get underway until Friday evening, and I've only just finished, taking away any relaxation the weekend might have brought.

So, it will be off to work in a few short hours, which does make me sad. The "event" I so long had to look forward to will now be in rear-view, and nothing much to look forward to for the bleak winter months. Martin Luther King Day? No presents, so meh. Valentine's Day? It's great that I have a valentine for a twelfth consecutive year, but we don't celebrate it much. No, I think that I will have to wait until the days start getting longer, and when Daylight Saving Time starts before I lift out of a gentle funk.

But the new office space--my big project--is comfortable, and looks great. We will spend the next few days cleaning, painting and redecorating the old space into a guest room. And of course there is the Christmas tear-down, something we usually hold off until the 9th or 10th of January. So the change of pace, and the activity of doing it will at least be a distraction.

And, we have inauguration day to look forward to, the end (no doubt, with a whimper) of the Bush Era. That alone ought to lift my spirits, if only for a little while. It's oddly anticlimactic, actually. Can't we get somebody like Patrick Fitzgerald to supply us with some orange jumpsuits and shackles for the march out of the White House? Ah, dreams. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...