Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mormons Upset About HBO's Big Love



They're only now getting upset? Mmmkay.

It's no secret around here that religion is not one of my favorite subjects. I get annoyed when I'm told I need to "respect" people's religious beliefs, when I am given no respect from most religions for my lack of belief (or The Gay Thing). So, I don't mind too much when a TV show or movie tweaks religion. And here, they didn't even really tweak them so much as expose them. Yes, the "secret rites" and garb are revealed to the lay public. Big deal, get over it.

[Excerpt]

LDS Temple secrets? 'Big Love' TV episode angers Mormons

"Big Love," HBO's television drama about a polygamous Utah family, will air an episode March 15 depicting a sacred and private LDS temple ceremony, prompting an official response from the church criticizing the network. . .

Read more at: The Salt Lake Tribune


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...