Thursday, April 12, 2012

100th Anniversary of Titanic Disaster on Sunday

Image from Boston Globe
Yes, kids, the Titanic was a real ship that really sank, not just that old movie that they brought back in fake 3D. And when you see the old black and white photos, it really does seem like a very long time ago indeed. But I'm prone to doing the math on things like this. And I realized that when I was born, it was just a week after Titanic's 54th anniversary. And so now I'm feeling very old. Particularly when I find out that kids today don't know it was a real ship.

[Excerpt]

Disaster recalled

One hundred years ago, Boston Globe readers opened their newspapers and were shocked to learn that the unthinkable had happened: The mighty Titanic, the supposedly unsinkable, state-of-the-art luxury liner, had hit an iceberg and sunk to the bottom of the ocean, taking about 1,500 lives. . .

Read more at: Boston Globe

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen the Titanic exhibit at the Luxor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. But I did actually do the discription cards for the travelling items! I don't know if they're still using them, but I did the originals for the Titanic exhibit when it was at Rio years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...