Saturday, January 5, 2013

In Case You Missed It: Greatest Event in Television History

I don't know how this one got by me. But I caught it on one of my favorite blogs, Kenneth in the (212), and he'd missed it too, so I'm not the only one. I miss this stuff enough now that I had to create a "In Case You Missed It" feature. Here we go.


There's weird and then there's my kinda weird. Of all the random things to pick out of nearly-forgotten pop culture history, for Adult Swim's magnum opus be a mocumentary on the behind-the-scenes remake of the Simon & Simon opening sequence? Bizarre genius and also right in my pop culture sweet spot. As a theme song aficionado, I always dug the S&S theme song, and thought the editing to the music was uncommonly good. And of course, I was hopelessly smitten with Jameson Parker, which never hurts. Curiously, The Other Half was just as obsessed with Gerald McRaney. We have split affections on Bo vs. Luke Duke too, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I know not everyone gets this sort of humor. It's sly, it's meta, and it's dry. If you like Adam Scott and Paul Rudd (beyond finding them adorable), you'll like these clips. It doesn't hurt to know the source material, and to have seen Jon Hamm's performances in either Saturday Night Live or 30 Rock either. [Note: Video may play on a separate page. Watch both parts!]



And of course, I have to run the original theme from Simon & Simon (though, really, this started in season 2. . .season 1's theme sucked).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...