Sunday, January 20, 2013

Blast from the Past: Disney Live-Action Movies of the 70s

While watching ABC's Once Upon a Time, I got my inspiration for my weekly Blast from the Past feature. I know, late in the evening right? Well, I've been busy with upgrades to my phone, my car and my computer. . .and finding myself up to my hubcaps with more trouble than I bargained for. Anyway, that's beside the point. My inspiration was--as usual--kind of roundabout. Once Upon a Time takes advantage of ABC's Disney ownership, and uses their fairytale characters. My brain hopscotched to Disney's live action movies, particularly the ones I grew up with in the 1970s.

When I carried The Columbus Dispatch, they were always running a Sunday cartoon strip based upon whatever movie Disney had coming up in theaters. And when you're a kid, you pretty much get G rated fare to pick from. So, I remember reading these strips with interest, and thrilled to have "spoilers" about what was going to happen. Hey, it's the best thing we had going before the internet! Enjoy.



And that's what entertainment was like for kids in the 1970s. The last one, in particular, is still pretty good. Now, back to my work. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I still have fond memories of THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD and THE COMPUTER WORE TENNIS SHOES, both starring a young Kurt Russell. Ah, memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have fond memories of Kurt Russell as well. . . ahem! Those two flicks are actually ones I missed somehow. I'll have to check them out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! He's one actor who's been remarkably well-preserved! Chalk it up to good genes, I guess!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...