Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Atari Files for Bankruptcy

I love this picture. I'm sure there are full grown adults who have
no idea what it is. Image from source, HuffPo.
Again? I know that Atari has been owned by many different companies (it was Warner Brothers at one time), and gone through huge ups and downs. But I really didn't know "Atari" was still a stand-alone company. This is like me thinking that Conrad Bain, Jack Klugman and Charles Durning were long dead, and not just recently so. What has happened to my pop culture knowledge? Man, it sucks getting old!

[Excerpt]

Atari's U.S. Operations File For Bankruptcy

Video game maker Atari's U.S. operations have filed for bankruptcy protection in an effort to separate from their French parent company. In a statement, Atari says the move is necessary to secure investments it needs to grow in mobile and digital gaming. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...