Monday, January 7, 2013

Blast from the Past: Cyndi Lauper

Since Cyndi Lauper has a new reality show debuting this week, it seems like the perfect time to remind people who she is. I say this with a measure of  sadness: though Cyndi Lauper is an outrageously talented woman, and people still know who she is, her pop culture identity is tragically stalled in the 80s. I don't know why this is. I don't know if she has a bad agent. Maybe she ticked someone in the industry off? She should by all rights have had two or three "comebacks" by now, and be sharing the "diva" status of Cher or Tina Turner. Cyndi is one of my favorite artists, and I'm glad to see that Cyndi Lauper: Still So Unusual debuts on Saturday, January 12 at 9 pm on WE (whatever that is, check your local listings.

So, to refresh your memory, here are some of her biggest hits, and best songs.






Of course, Cyndi has more hits than that, and also some more recent music. I included a couple of non-hits that are nonetheless some of my favorites. But I'd really love it if she could use this show as a springboard to a comeback!

Meanwhile, have a great first full work week of the year. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...