Saturday, December 8, 2007

All About the Mormons (South Park)

With all of the talk about Mitt Romney's big religion speech a couple of days ago, I got to wondering about The Mormon Thing. Living in Las Vegas, I've known a few Mormons. One was a girl I worked with who called herself a "Jack Mormon." Sure, she said things like "oh my heck!" like a normal Mormon, but she also drank coffee, swore, and had a terrible work ethic.

Then there are several others I know (I've even dated one) who due to The Gay Thing cannot participate in The Mormon Thing. So my first-hand knowledge of the religion from an actual, practicing Mormon is a little thin. I know about the "magic underwear," the Garden of Eden having been in Missouri, and no caffeine or smoking, but what's it all really about?

Luckily, I happened upon a documentary on the subject called (of all things) South Park. They explained it all fairly neatly! Unfortunately, these three videos don't encompass the whole story, so look for this episode from season 7 at your library or video store. If not, you might be dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb! Heh. Just watch. . .



Continued (Click "If post says "Continued," click here! " to see the other two videos!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...