Friday, December 7, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!


When you find out that you're going to be having a friend stay with you for a few months, there are a lot of things that run through your mind. What about privacy? What about sharing food, the TV, the chores? Will it drive me crazy?

Luckily, our house guest has been remarkably unobtrusive, and things have gone far better than anyone would expect. And the upshot? He's a wizard at Christmas decorations. Yes, The Other Half and I seem to lack that gene (or rather, I do, and his is underdeveloped).

We have a sad, dilapidated artificial tree that The Other Half has owned for over a decade. We even tried to sell it at a yard sale this summer to force us to buy another one. Since it didn't sell, we agreed to give it one more year. He and I put the tree up--bare branches--along with our other holiday stuff, and just sort of left it that way for a few days. I came home from work on Wednesday, and found the tree in the photo, all decorated and beautiful.

I imagine the Roommate as a one-man "Peanuts" gang, waving his hands over Snoopy's doghouse, and then over our sad Charlie Brown tree, and creating a Christmas miracle. OK, maybe I'm over selling it, but I am impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...