Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mutant Enemy (Buffy, Firefly) On Picket Line

You might not find this interesting, but I do. This is the production company that produced Buffy the Vampire Slayer, one of my all-time faves. In the video are Joss Whedon (the creator), Juliette Landau (Martin's daughter, "Dru" on Buffy), Nicholas Brendon (Xander), and several others you'll recognize.

I support the writers in their struggle to get more recognition for their contributions. And their contributions are becoming ever more evident in a barren TV landscape. But I do fear that their effort will be a classic spite/nose/face scenario if it lasts much longer. Already, I've adjusted my habits. TV is no longer "must see." I'm out of my Daily Show with Jon Stewart habit. No more Real Time with Bill Maher. Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Heroes, Bionic Woman, and several of the other shows I'm into are no longer in new episodes, so I'm getting out of the habit.

What happens if this strike lasts through the rest of the season? Might we just write all of these shows off? DVD sales for the 2007-2008 season will surely suffer too. I'm afraid if they don't settle soon, they may speed network television's decline. Something to consider, you guys. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...