Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sheldon Whitehouse vs. Bush White House


Photo of Sheldon Whitehouse from source, TPM Muckraker

Congress is getting my hopes up again! The news that the Senate has ruled "Executive Privilege" claims by the White House invalid, regarding Congressional subpoenas, got my hopes going. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse's recent statements have lifted them further. Keep going, guys, don't let me down!

By the way, wouldn't it be strange if a guy named "Whitehouse" helped bring down this White House? It's not exactly ironic, but I still think Alannis Morrisette could sing about it. . .

[Excerpt]

Whitehouse on Contempt-of-Congress Fight: Bring It On

. . .Whitehouse welcomes the Constitutional showdown that would result. "I'm astounded at the breadth and the scope of the privilege that they claim," the first-term senator said. "I actually hope that it comes to a point where we end up litigating it and getting a court decision and settling this question.". . .

Read more at: TPM Muckraker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...