Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011's New Year's Resolutions: How'd You Do?

As we close out 2011, we leave a pretty crappy year behind us. But it wasn't all bad. In fact, last year's New Year's resolutions were my most successful ever. Last year, I resolved to

1) Quit smoking
2) Start exercising regularly
3) Lose weight

I quit smoking on January 3rd, the first day back to work. I haven't had a cigarette since.  My exercise plan was always to come later in the year, since January resolvers tend to pack the gym. I started in April. But, the no smoking led to weight gain, despite the regular exercise. My half-hearted low-carb diet plan needed revamping. So, in September, I kept on with my exercise, and hit the Atkins Diet full bore.

Prior to Christmas break, I weighed in at 149 lbs., a full 30+ pound loss from my highest weight. I'm still exercising 5-7 days per week, and even with a one-week "break" from the diet, I'm still at 154 lbs., and re-started the diet today.

So, for 2012, I resolve to

1) Remain a non-smoker
2) Continue to exercise regularly
3) Maintain my weight loss, to at worst below 160 lbs.
4) Use my MacBook Pro to learn Adobe CS5 to proficiency

I'll check in with you in a year to let you know how I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...