Monday, December 26, 2011

So, How Was Your Christmas?

A scene from The Ref, one of the best Christmas movies ever.
It's the day after Christmas, and it's a Monday. That's a helluva combination right there. You've got your post-holiday blahs, and the most depressing day of the week rolled into one. In fact, it's probably the second worst day of the year, after January 2, the day we all have to go back to work when the holidays are really and truly over.

There is good news, or at least there is for me! I have the week off! It isn't paid time off, so it isn't all great. But it is time off. A whole week of it. I'm already sad that I've burned up three days of it, but there is still a week to go! I'm quite certain that it will be over with before I'm ready. But I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. BUT. . .the irony of all of this time off, is that even though I have the time, I'm unlikely to be a prolific blogger this week. Oh, I'll get some stuff up. Probably even some good stuff. The Iowa caucuses are coming up, after all. But it isn't going to be a banner week.

So, please, if you're here for some snarky news nuggets and political commentary--thank you--and please come back when more is going on! Thank you, and please forgive my laziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...