Friday, December 16, 2011

Christopher Hitchens, Dead at 62

Christopher Hitchens wouldn't want us to wax nostalgic, and long for his effervescent life force. He'd say "bollacks" to that sort of sentiment. Hitchens was a dyed-in-the-wool atheist, a confirmed anti-god sort of person. And so am I. So, I can be sad for his passing. Lament that I won't read a new volume of his musings. But I won't ponder whether or not he's suspended above me in an etheral, extra- scientific embodiment. He's just gone. And that's sad. Even if his political ideas were bollacks.

[Excerpt]

Christopher Hitchens Dead: Legendary Writer Dies At Age 62        

Christopher Hitchens died Thursday in Houston. He was 62. The legendary writer was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in 2010. . .

Source: Huffington Post

2 comments:

  1. I can probably think he said "Oh Shit" if he found out that he was wrong about there being a God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think he'd probably argue his way out of the situation!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...