Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Santorum Has Frothy Victory!

Frothy Mix & family. Image from MSNBC.

UPDATE 7:57 PM: Santorum wins Mississippi.

As I type this, Rick (don't Google me) Santorum has won the Alabama primary, and seems poised to win the Mississippi one too, or come damned close. Pretty amazing, considering that Mitt Romney has all the money, and that Santorum was an afterthought until sometime in February. He had the virtue of sharing the "Not Romney" title with Newt Gingrich, along with not being Gingrich. Why Newty is staying in (at this moment) is beyond me. Maybe by the time you read this he'll have dropped out.

Anyway, Santorum earned his Google nickname by being a nasty, hateful dude. And he has not wavered from that personality trait. I am not cocky enough to predict that if Santorum wins the GOP nomination, that President Obama wins by default. But I certainly think it would be Obama's to lose. There are other factors, I know, like gas prices and the general economy. But Santorum is utterly incapable of tacking to the center. He's a hard-right guy, even though some hard-right nutters think he's not hard-right enough. If I woke up the day after the election, and we had a President Romney, I wouldn't be happy. But if I woke up to a President Santorum? Well, that's a nightmare, and I won't be able to tell if I ever woke up!

[Excerpt]


Santorum wins Alabama; Mississippi too close to call

Rick Santorum was projected to win the Alabama Republican primary as he, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich were locked in a three-way battle to win Mississippi's primary.

Mitt Romney was left looking to Mississippi to achieve a feat he hadn’t yet accomplished this cycle – win in one of the Republican Party’s conservative strongholds – as results from the twin primaries in GOP strongholds trickled in Tuesday evening. . .

Read more at: MSNBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...