Sunday, November 4, 2007

Valerie Plame & Joe Wilson on Bill Maher's Show

Valerie Plame, sometimes with her husband, Joe Wilson, has really been making a high-profile push for her new book over the last couple of weeks. I've caught the pieces she's done for 60 Minutes, Countdown with Keith Olbermann, and this week's Real Time with Bill Maher. I also noticed that she didn't--to my knowledge anyway--appear on any of the FOX "News" programs.

And for good reason. There has been a flood of misinformation on the whole CIA-outing case, on FOX and on the the right-wing blogs. They somehow manage to turn spiteful, I'd say treasonous behavior, into a right-wing cause! I've covered my take on the story here, here, and here if you're interested.

For a little background, check out this link which purports to fact check both sides of the story. I cannot vouch for the veracity of this site, but it's a place to start. Also worth noting, this Wikipedia entry. Once again, if you want to know more, check multiple sources.

Anyway, I'm pleased that Plame's side of the story is finally getting more attention. I hope she gets a little more traction, and that the American people start to acknowledge the seriousness of what happened to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...