Friday, December 7, 2007

Blast from the Past: Ace Frehley, Back in the New York Groove

I love the CD player I got in my Jeep last Christmas. My Wrangler came with a factory tape deck that was largely ornamental, as all it would do is eat tapes. So after seven years, I decided the danger of theft was worth the risk, and I asked The Other Half for a CD player for Christmas.

The bonus in this deal was that the unit plays MP3 CDs. If your car stereo can't do this, ditch it immediately, and get one that will play them. You can fit over 100 songs on a CD in MP3 format, and it's almost like having an iPod in your dash.

Anyway, I've made several mix CD-MP3s, with clever names like "Pop Salad," "Rock Salad" and "Cheese Salad." Themes of a sort. And in my rock CD, there is one tune I play over and over again. It's Ace Frehley's "Back in the New York Groove," from the KISS experiment in the late 70s or early 80s. They made four solo albums (with help from their band mates on each). This is--as far as I know--the only top 40 hit from the project. I don't know why, but I just love it. This video is a curiously shortened version of the song, but it's still good. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...