Saturday, December 8, 2007

Greenlee Gazette Milestone: 10,000 Hits!


I didn't expect to be writing this post for at least a couple of weeks. Well, actually, based on my first post at this blog, I didn't think I'd get here at all:

"This blog will never be found by anybody."

I'm glad to say I was wrong. I added my SiteMeter to the blog about two weeks after I started the blog. That would be just a week or so under six months ago. In that time, I've seen the average visitor rate to the blog go from 25-35 a day, to hover around 50 or so most days, to a new high of 90-115 or so. The biggest day on record (I think) was 218 visitors.

Now, with all of this horn-tooting, I should point out that some sites rake in 10,000 hits in a week, maybe even in a day. This ain't no Drudge Report (thank goodness) or Huffington Post (dare to dream; Arianna, along with John Aravosis of AmericaBlog were my inspirations).

10,000 hits is something to me though. I would probably be writing this blog if I had no idea how many people were reading. And sometimes, monitoring how many (and who--yes, I can see where you are*!) people visit the site can become a little bit of an obsession. I'm elated when the hits go up, and a little bummed when I have a crashing 35 on an odd Tuesday. But it's gratifying to know that someone is out there, at least skimming through what I have to say!

Thanks everybody!

UPDATE: *For the curious, the 10,000th hit was from Brooklyn, New York this morning at 11:07 EST. The visitor has a Macintosh computer, running Firefox, and has the very odd screen resolution of 1440 x 900 pixels. Oh, and they were reading the post about Mormons on South Park! Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...