Monday, December 10, 2007

More Sheldon Whitehouse vs. Bush White House


Photo from source, Raw Story

I posted a piece on Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse last week, showing how he was taking on the White House over Congressional subpoenas. Well he's still at it, this time taking Bush's "king like" powers to task. Keep it up Senator!

[Excerpt]

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse on wiretapping: President is not king on matters of spying on Americans

Whitehouse condenses the three legal opinions from Bush's OLC to:

1) "I don't have to follow my own rules, and I don't have to tell you when I'm breaking them."

2) "I get to determine what my own powers are."

3) "The Department of Justice doesn't tell me what the law is, I tell the Department of Justice what the law is."

Read more at: Raw Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...