Monday, April 21, 2008

Science is Cool: Coffee Cures Cancer?


Image from ScienceBlogs.com

There is simply no way I could get through my Monday morning (or any morning) without a cup of coffee. Oh, who am I kidding, I usually drink about 3/4 of a pot of the stuff. Until 9:30 - 10:00 am rolls around, and then I hit my "coffee wall" and switch to good ol' Diet Mountain Dew.

So, as you can imagine, I'm 90-something percent water, and the rest is caffeine. People warn me about it, tell me to cut back. . .but it turns out I've been right all along! Hold the Sanka, give me high test.

[Excerpt]

Fighting Cancer With Caffeine

Do you enjoy that morning cup of coffee or afternoon soda? Well maybe your skin would like a dose of caffeine too. Scientists are finding that caffeine can help our skin get rid of damaged skin cells before they become cancer.

Paul Nghiem from the University of Washington School of Medicine says, "It looks to us from several types of experiments that caffeine can selectively kill those damaged cells. . ."


Read more at: KSFY

Previously: Science is Cool: Coffee Protects Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...