Thursday, April 3, 2008

Science is Cool: Coffee Protects the Brain!!!


Photo from source, BBC News

This is really good news for me. I'm a massive coffee drinker. Five or six cups a day, easy. And that's straight-up black, usually plain old coffee. The sizes of cups at Starbucks still confuses me, so I'm more likely to just brew my own. It's much cheaper too.

But people have told me many times that I need to cut back. Now, I can blow them a raspberry, and say it's for my brain!

[Excerpt]

Daily caffeine 'protects brain'

Coffee may cut the risk of dementia by blocking the damage cholesterol can inflict on the body, research suggests.

The drink has already been linked to a lower risk of Alzheimer's Disease, and a study by a US team for the Journal of Neuroinflammation may explain why. . .

Read more at: BBC News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...