Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blogiversary: 21 Months! (Almost) 4,500 Posts!


I've been taking it kinda easy around here this weekend, mostly because we had quite a bit of overtime at work, right on through Saturday. I'd moan and groan about that, but--in this economy? Are you kidding? So, I just cut back on the blogging.

But tomorrow is yet another blogiversary, another small milestone that I'd have never imagined would roll around when I started this blog. 21 months, and (nearly) 4,500 posts. That's sort of a dual milestone. I've said in the past that I have had three goalposts for the blog. Since the election, many bloggers have called it quits, or drastically scaled their blogs back. I didn't want to do that, but I needed goals to focus on, since the urge to blog was--well--less urgent after November 4.

My three goals are 1) 2 years blogging, 2) 5,000 posts and 3) 100,000 visitors. As fate would have it, it is possible that I'll hit all three at the same time, which will undoubtedly spur me on, and force me to set new goals!

February was a kick-ass month for visits to the blog (and thank you for that). One year ago, February was the month of shame, a black-hole of very few readers. But this year, in 28 short days, I had the third best month of the blog's existence. That's saying something, since traffic fell by four-fifths after the election. And I came within spitting distance of second best month. Only October stands significantly higher.

I'll probably be back here next month with a tale of woe, on how tragically short the visits were in a 31-day month. But for now, I'll take it as a victory. So, thanks for reading, and bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...